A Quick Guide to Finding the Perfect Yoga Pants
Yoga is a deeply spiritual practice that can help you mentally and physically. When practicing yoga, you’ll find yourself becoming more relaxed and centered with yourself. In order to experience these benefits, it’s important to wear comfortable pants that offer a free range of movement so you can focus on your poses and not discomfort. In this guide, you’ll learn how to choose the right yoga pants.
Find your Fit
Finding the right fit is a huge priority. Clothes that are too loose will have you stepping on excess fabric and may cause you to overheat, especially in hot yoga classes. Clothes that are too tight will hinder your movement and make some poses impossible. The following are some tips for finding the perfect balance:
- Comfortable Fit: Some types of fit include loose, harem, leggings, capri, and drawstring. The fit you choose depends on personal preference. Wear something that makes you feel confident and comfortable.
- Stretch: Look for yoga pants that are made with stretch fabrics. Stretch fabrics can either have 2-way or 4-way stretch. 2-way stretch can stretch in one direction whereas 4-way stretch can stretch horizontally and vertically. A stretchy fabric will give you a great range of movement.
- Compression: Compression clothing has a tight fit that reduces muscle pain, speeds up recovery time, and can possibly reduce injuries. The clothing works by applying pressure on your blood vessels via the tight fit to improve circulation.
- Waist: You’ll find low-rise, mid-waist, and high-waist as options. Mid and high-waisted pants will compliment curves and provide a flattering silhouette. A low-rise fit has a waistband that’s up to two inches below the navel and is sometimes preferred by petite body types. All three options come in fashionable styles and provide varying amounts of coverage.
- Pant lengths: The main yoga pant lengths are full-length, mid-calf, and shorts. Mid-calf pants or shorts are great options for warm days or hot yoga classes. For full-length pants, make sure the fabric doesn’t excessively bunch up on the ground or else you’ll find yourself stepping on it while moving.
- What to Avoid: Avoid zippers, clasps, and unnecessary bulk around the waist. These will cause discomfort, especially when lying on your stomach.
- Design: Have fun with the style! Women that crave a fashionable twist can find countless colors, prints, and trendy features like braided racerback straps.